Breathtakingly beautiful, and terrifically talented, we at Cinehounds have enough reasons to love Chitrangada Singh. From critically acclaimed films like Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi and Yeh Saali Zindagi to popular films like I Me Aur Main, Inkaar and Desi Boyz, she has worked in different genres and has accomplished plenty. So, we decided share with you some facts about this diva which we bet you didn’t know.
- Chitrangada Singh was born and brought up in Rajasthan and is the daughter of an army officer. Born on 30th August 1976, she is currently 40 years old, and yet so strikingly sexy!
2. She is professionally trained in Kathak, and is therefore such an effortless dancer.
3. Before starting a career in the film industry, she had aspired to become an airhostess. However, she was rejected thrice during the selection process.
4. Before she made her Bollywood debut, Chitrangada worked as a model in Delhi and appeared in commercials of several brands like Alukkas Jewellery and ICICI bank. She still continues to endorse brands like Titan Eye Plus and Tanishq, and is the brand ambassador of Taj Mahal Tea, Garnier, Aliva Crackers, Borges Olive Oil, Puma, Parachute and Airtel.
5. But she made sure to complete her studies before pursuing modelling, and graduated from Lady Irwin College in New Delhi with an honours in Home Science.
6. She made her Bollywood debut with a small appearance in a song in the movie Joker directed by Shirish Kunder.
7. Chitrangada appeared in a music video of Gulzar called Sunset Point, which was the first time she was noticed by the paparazzi and came into limelight.
8. She took a break from acting from 2005 to 2008, following the release of the film Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, to focus on starting a family with her former golfer husband Jyoti Randhawa. She made a comeback in 2008 with the movie Sorry Bhai opposite Sanjay Suri. However, a little while after the movie was released, the unfortunate Mumbai terror attack of 26/11 occurred, and naturally the movie failed at the box office.
9. She and Jyoti Randhawa separated in the year 2013 and filed for a divorce the next year. The couple have a son together named Zorawar, and Chitrangada won his legal custody.
10. Chitrangada Singh is often said to resemble Smita Patil and some critics have gone far enough to call her the spitting image of the legendary actress.
11. The famous rapper Honey Singh had a massive crush on her at one time, and in fact wrote his song ‘brown rang de’ keeping her in mind.
12. Chitrangada’s hobbies include fishing and sky diving.
13. Her are favourite actresses are Hema Malini, Rekha and Shabana Azmi.
14. Her fee per film is Rupees 2 crore.
15. Chitrangada is a pure vegetarian and is the brand ambassador of PETA.